Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Here we go again!

For those of you who know me, I'm at it again.  This will be eighth marathon, and the second time I will be blogging about my marathon training progress.  On October 16, 2011, I will be toeing the starting line in Lowell, MA attempting to complete 26.2 miles in a somewhat timely fashion. 

Why am I blogging about another marathon, and why am I running the Bay State marathon again?  Both great questions.  I signed up for the Bay State marathon in order to raise money for and awareness of Easter Seals of Massachusetts.  As some of you may know (and hopefully everyone will know much better in the next few months), Easter Seals provides services to ensure that children and adults with disabilities have equal opportunities to live, learn, work and play.  I have been volunteering with our chapter for the last few months, and the more I participate with our chapter and it's participants, the more I realize the opportunity we have to make a positive impact for individuals and families who receive services from Easter Seals.

Am I running the Bay State Marathon because it is known as being one of fastest and easiest marathons in the United States?  Am I running it because Bay State is the only fall marathon in Massachusetts?  Is it because it's a great opportunity to run a state marathon while fundraising for a state charity?  Or am I running Bay State because this is the only marathon (that I know of) that Lauren will be able to ride along on her bike for most of my run?  Yes, yes, yes, and a resounding yes are my answers.

Bear with me while I get the blog up and running (get it?) and make it a little easier on the eyes.  I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences training and volunteering with you.  Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. What a great reason(s) to run a marathon. I can only come up with reasons not to run one! Oh well. Good luck with your training. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete