Saturday, October 15, 2011

Twas the Night Before Baystate...

After 3+ months of training, the big day is less than a day away. I was able to squeeze in a couple of easy 5k runs yesterday and today just to keep loose and get the jitters out. After some light stretching and a 20 minute walk this evening, I'm as ready as I'm going to be for the race tomorrow.

As humor would have it, things remained interesting up until the last minute. Lauren and I drove up to Lowell this morning to pick up my number and visit the marathon expo. As we were waiting at a stop light near the finish line of the marathon, we noticed that there were a lot of people running on the side of the street.....wearing race numbers. Oh &#$@, I thought. Did I just miss my race? I could have swore it was on the 16th. After a moment of slight panic, we realized it was a 5k or some other race that was taking place. Once we parked and entered the expo, our assumption was confirmed, and I was good to go. Needless to say, today's blog post would have been...interesting...if I had to explain that I missed the race.

I wanted to take a moment again to thank everyone who has followed me these past few months and to everyone who has helped me support Easter Seals. Training for this marathon and raising awareness about this organization has been a great experience, and I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment